Copyright With EMI, Copyright Registration in Bangladesh, Copyright Office is responsible for maintaining the register of copyrighted works. However, Any application for registration, transfer, abandonment, modification of register should be made to the Registrar.
What is Copyright?
Copyright With EMI, Copyright is a legal means of protecting an author’s work. It is a type of intellectual property that provides exclusive publication, distribution, and usage rights for the author. This means whatever content the author created cannot be used or published by anyone else without the consent of the author.
Meaning of copyright
Copyright means inter alia the exclusive right
- reproduce the work
- issue copies of the work to the public
- perform or broadcast the work
- make any translation or adaption of the work.
- In addition, special moral rights lie with the author.
Who can apply?
According to section 56 of the Copyright Act, 2000 Registration of copyrights.-(1) The author or publisher of, or the owner of, or other people interested in the copyright in, any work may make an application in the prescribed form accompanied by the prescribed fees to the Registrar for entering particulars of the work in the Register of Copyrights.
(1) Firstly, On receipt of an application in respect of any work under sub-section (1), the Registrar may, after holding such inquiry as he may deem fit, enter the particulars of the work in the Register of Copyrights and issue a certificate of such registration to the applicant unless.
(2) Secondly, After receiving the application the Registrar serves notice along with the said application to every person who has any interest in the subject matter of said application. After that, If any objection arises the Registrar hold such as he deems fit.
Term of Copyright With EMI
Copyright in a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work published within the lifetime of the author subsists until 60 years from the beginning of the calendar year next following the year in which the author dies.
Copyright in a cinematographic film, a sound recording, a photograph, a computer programmed, or a work of the Government, a local authority or an international organization subsists until 60 years from the beginning of the calendar year next following the publication of the work.
What are the Objects of Copyright?
According to section 15 copyright subsists in
1. Firstly, Literary works
2. Secondly, Dramatic works
3. Musical works
4. Artistic works (i.e. painting, sculpture, drawing, engraving or a photograph, a work of architecture and any other work of artistic craftsmanship)
5. Cinematographic films
6. Sound recordings
7. And includes computer programs as well as addresses and speeches.
However, Foreign works are covered by section 69 read with the International Copyright Order, 2005
First Time in Bangladesh JK Associates Provide Consultancy Service with EMI. Now you Can Take Consultancy Service with Low-Cost EMI.
So don’t be late, contact our customer care now and take the service you need.