Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN)
Electronic Taxpayer’s Identification Number (e-TIN) is provided by the National Board of Revenue (NBR). Each and every entity (Individual or Corporate) must have the Tax Identification Number who is eligible to pay Tax according to the Income Tax Ordinance 1984.
Who in Bangladesh has to get an e-Tin Certificate?
Everyone in Bangladesh is not required to have a Tin Certificate. The person will be regarded as a Tax Payer because possessing a Tin Certificate entails having a Tax Identification Number. Hence, if one has a Tin Certificate, they may be eligible for additional benefits when using public and private offices like banks and financial organizations. Nonetheless, the following circumstances need the possession of a Tin Certificate:
- If total of the person income during a income year exceeds the maximum amount that is not chargeable to tax under this Ordinance;
- If basic salary of a person is BDT 16,000/Month or more in any public office then you are required to file Income Tax Return and for filing Tax Return you must have a Tin Certificate;
- Owns a motor car;
- Owns a membership of a club registered under value added tax;
- Runs for an office of any Paurashava, City Corporation, or a Member of Parliament;
- Participates in a tender floated by the government, semi-government, autonomous body or a local authority;
- Serves in the board of directors of a company or a group of companies;
- Runs any business or profession having trade license from a city corporation, a Paurashava or a Union Parishad;
- registered with a recognized professional body as a Doctor, Dentist, Lawyer, Chartered Accountant, Cost and Management Accountant, Engineer, Architect or Surveyor or any other similar profession; or
- Registered with the Board as an Income Tax Practitioner;
- For Opening a Bank Account it doesn’t require a Tin Certificate. However for having a Tin Certificate one may have some advantages on interest.
- Has a membership of a Chamber of Commerce and Industries or a Trade Association or body;
- Wants to buy Prize Bond or Saving Certificates from Banks.
What We Do
- Submitting an online application in the proper way by attaching required documents appropriately.
- Completing the TIN application, receiving an e-TIN certificate, Printing, and providing the same to respected clients.