Export Registration Certificate (ERC)
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:
- Attested photocopy of valid Trade License
- Attested photocopy of membership certificate from the local Chamber of Commerce and Industry or relevant Trade Association.
- Original copy of Treasury Chalan
- If a partnership business: Partnership Deed (certified attested copy)
- If a limited company: (certified attested copies)
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Articles of Association
- Memorandum of Association
- Step 1: Collect ERC form from the office of Controller Import and Export.
- Step 2: Deposit schedule fees at Bangladesh Bank or designated branches of Sonali Bank. Fees should be deposits under the head number: 1 – 1731 – 0001 – 1801 (Sonali bank branches should be used only where Bangladesh Bank is not available). Collect and complete 3 copies of the Chalan Form and pay the scheduled fee.
Category of Certificate Initial Registration Fee Renewal fee
Export Registration Certificate 7000 5000
Step 3: Submit the application form with recovery supporting documents
- Attested a recent passport size photo of the applicant
- Make copies of the complete application package for self
- Submit application at the receipt room 3rd floor of CIE by 4 p.m.
Anyone can Export any permissible item without any value and quantity restrictions and without obtaining any permission from any authority in Bangladesh but the Export Registration Certificate (ERC) or import license is needed for the import of the same. In Bangladesh, the Office of the Chief Controller of Imports and Exports (CCIE) which is an individual organization under the Ministry of Commerce issues this Export certificate or Export license. So finally, Export Registration Certificate (ERC) or export license is a mandatory document for business entities who are desirous of exporting any other special items from Bangladesh.
The procedure of issuance of Import license in Bangladesh
Stage-01: Application FilingSubmit the application form along with the prescribed fee and to the Chief Controller of Imports & Exports (CCIE). Anyone can file the application for obtaining the export Registration Certificate (ERC) which is well known as Import License.
Stage-02: Receive the CertificateAfter formalities checking the submitted documents, the office of the Chief Controller of Imports & Exports will issue the license in favor of the applicant. Stage-03: Renewal of IRC ERC is required to be renewed every year. The required documents are:
- ERC and Passbook ( Original copy and Two set Photo Copy)
- Renewal Application by the applicant
- Treasury Challan of the annual renewal fee at Bangladesh Bank or Sonali Bank (Original copy and Two set Photo Copy)
Official/Government Fees for Renewal is the same as below mentioned
- Membership Certificate from recognized Chamber/Trade Association (Original)
- Valid Trade License (Original)
- eTIN Certificate
- VAT registration certificate
- Bank Certificate
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (in case of Limited Company)
- Certificate of Incorporation (in case of Limited Company)
- Partnership deed (in case of Partnership firm)
- Office rent deed
- Two copies photograph of the applicant
- NID/Passport of the applicant
- Treasury Challan of the required fee deposited (Original)
- Any other documents as required
The documents required for issuance of ERC
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Valid Trade License
- Valid Membership Certificate from a regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry or from relevant Trade Associations.
- Citizenship Certificate of the applicant
- Treasury Challan
- TIN Certificate
- Partnership Deed
- Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum, and Articles of Association
- Financial Solvency Certificate
ProcedureThe applicant is required to collect the Form of IRC from the CCI&E office or CCI&E website and submit the filled-in form along with supporting documents to the Dispatch Section of CCI&E office. Registration fee and the cost of pass-book should be deposited at the Bangladesh Bank or Sonali Bank and three (3) copies of Treasury Challan shall be collected. In order to receive the Import Registration Certificate, the applicant needs to submit the filled-in application form along with the listed supporting documents and Treasury Challan at CCI&E office
Time LimitThe estimated processing time for issuance of ERC is four to five working days.
Renewal of ERCIRC is required to be renewed every year. The required documents are:
- Original copy of ERC and ERC Passbook
- Treasury Challan